The Old Vicarage Nursing Home is situated on the outskirts of the small village of Gobowen. The home is in close proximity to local shops, a Post Office, a Dental Surgery, the local village public house and a train station. These local services are easily accessible for all who live here to enable them to continue being part of the local community.
The home is also situated to the market town of Oswestry where further services can be easily accessible should they be required. The building is a former vicarage and has been extended in recent years to provide more single rooms with ensuites.
The home has 41 bedrooms, both single bedrooms with double rooms which can accommodate married couples and siblings if required. The home has a peaceful garden area that overlooks allotments and lovely countryside; this provides an enjoyable experience to residents during the summer months.
- Registered for 50 residents
- 24 hour nurse call bell system
- 24 hr nursing care, EMI nursing and residential care
- Access to Wifi in communal lounge
- 17 bedrooms with ensuite shower facilities
- Hair Dressing Service provision
- Car to enable wheelchair users to access facilities/activity within the local community
- Private chiropody service can be arranged
- Passenger lifts to all floors
- Large patio garden area within a peaceful setting
A word from the Manager
As a team, our primary focus is to provide service users with a secure, relaxed, warm, friendly and homely environment, in which their care, well being and comfort is of great importance. It is my belief that a dedicated and knowledgeable workforce is vital to ensure best practises are achieved here at The Old Vicarage in accordance with current expectations. As a team, we pride ourselves in the delivery holistic and good quality care and support. We always welcome new residents and their family’s into the home and enjoy good times with them. Should anyone wish to contact the home with any enquiries, staff will happily assist in any way.
The Old Vicarage Nursing Home,
Shropshire SY11 3JS
Tel: 01691 655 254
Fax: 01691 658 467